Friday 28 December 2012

Surprise from Loving Marina Bay Photo Competition

A surprise indeed!

Didn't know that I won something from the competition until bf told me. Apparently, I think I was unreachable and wasn't in any of the winners' announcement on facebook. By the way, it's my first time winning! Haha, anyway, this is the prize - $30 Sansui Sumiyaki & Bar/Sol Tasca voucher, Marina Bay memorabilia (totebag with umbrella) and a pair of Gardens by the Bay Cooled Conservatories admission tickets! Thanks Marina Bay SG!

However, I still don't know which one won the above as I submitted a total of 4 photos... :(

#1 - A half an hour ride with 360 degree view of the heart of Singapore, the Singapore Flyer

I have seen photos taken from this angle and it is quite common. Thus, I included a small part of a branch of a tree at Gardens by the Bay in it. Hmm...and with the weather like this, I don't see anything special about this photo...

#2 - away from bustles

Trying to portray the peacefulness that you can find in our fast and busy pace of city though it seems like it doesn't really represent Marina Bay much. Taken with miniature effect. Discovered that photo would turn out more impressive when taken from a height.

#3 - Bayshore Station brings convenience to our trip to Gardens By the Bay.

I am hoping for this to be won as out of these 4, I feel most proud of this one! Again, it also seems like it doesn't really represent Marina Bay much... But I just simply love this taken in miniature effect which it just fits so well. Look at those people and cars...machiam toys right!


#4 - Reflection - another way of looking at our CBD development.

I'm sure this is another common angle that most people will shoot. Personally feel that the water pond of the Artscience museum can do a better reflection than the river. Heez...

I am glad that this motivates me more to shoot better and will continue working hard! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment