Monday 26 December 2011

Balestier Bak Kut Teh at Ion Orchard

I agree I'm a Bak Kut Teh freak for a recent period of time. Oh..and not to forget, a Beer Market freak too almost everytime after having Bak Kut Teh, I would be trying out beers that I have yet tried. The number of check-ins on fb are the prove! I'm hooked on the Bak Kut Teh at Song Fa's and that's when I keep having it.

Finally I'm kinda sian with Song Fa and I tried out Balestier Bak Kut Teh at Ion Orchard with bf, Kevin.
The main. Unlike Song Fa's, it has a peppery soup base. Free flow of soup avaliable. Meat texture, not the toughest I have tasted so far.  Overall is just acceptable.
Salted vegetable. Neither too salty nor too bland. 
Braised peanuts. Always go well with teochew porridge, isn't it? Anyway, recently, I patronised a restaurant and they served this too but they don't call it peanuts.  Don't remember what is it called. I only remember mum and the Chinese International waiter were bickering about it. Haha..
Comes in a set with all of the above and a drink for $10++.
After patronising, till now, I still wonder if it is authentic i.e. Is it the same as the Bak Kut Teh at Balestier Road? So, anyone know?

Lastly, I vowed myself not to touch Bak Kut Teh for the time being!


Address: 
Basement Level 2 (located inside the Foodcourt)
ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn Singapore 238801

No comments:

Post a Comment